technologies help to correct the hair loss problems of many people suffering from baldness. Like many individuals under different conditions, people with diabetes can benefit from hair transplant procedures. In order for the results to be safe and successful, certain factors need to be considered.
First of all, it should be noted that your doctor will give you the most accurate answers after the examination. As you know, hair loss is one of the side effects of diabetes in itself. Many patients are looking for ways to fix hair loss problems. Thanks to developing medical technologies, people are able to meet these demands in this direction.
Is Hair Transplant Safe for Diabetics?
Diabetic patients who experience hair loss at different levels can benefit from this treatment. Different grades of baldness can be corrected within the scope of hair transplantation, including intense hair loss, partially open scalp, thinning hair, M-shaped hairline, and minor hair loss. However, it is not possible to say that every diabetic patient can have a hair transplant in every circumstance. As a result of an examination, check-ups, and medical evaluation of persons with diabetes, transplantation planning becomes crystal clear.
The process is different for Type 2 diabetes and Type 1 diabetes patients. The key priority is the same for both: Eliminating risk factors! Patients with Type 2 diabetes typically suffer from high sugar levels. So, the operation is performed after the blood sugar levels are under control.
In Type 1 diabetes, the patient's glucose level needs to be balanced. However, hair transplantation is not recommended for patients with Type 1 diabetes. Because, poses a risk for them.
How to understand whether a diabetic is suitable for a hair transplant operation?
In order to prevent possible risks and complications of diabetes, it is of great importance to take precautions before hair transplantation. Comprehensive examination, a successful plastic surgeon, and a sterile clinical setting are indispensable. Before the hair transplantation, the following should be done:
- The causes of hair loss are analyzed and an hbA1C blood test is done. The patient's glycosylated hemoglobin values (A1c), hormone levels, and blood pressure are checked.
- Information about the degree of diabetes is obtained and how the disease affects the immune system is determined.
- It is checked whether the blood sugar level is kept under control. For this, the hair transplant specialist schedules a nutrition plan for the patient.
- The patient should inform the surgeon about the drugs she/he is taking. The doctor will guide you about what needs to be done.
- If the patient has latent diabetes, the doctor monitors the patient for a certain period of time. The recovery time of minimal wounds and scabbing after hair transplantation in diabetic patients will be evaluated by specialists. Hair transplantation takes approximately 7 to 9 hours.
Since the duration of the operation is long, the patient's glucagon hormone should also be monitored. That means blood tests may be done regularly because increased glucagon levels pose a risk. Such early action will make wound healing go more smoothly.
During the application, the preferred method among hair transplantation procedures is applied to the patient. Hair follicles are collected from the donor area and implanted into the hairless site. promises you a safe and comfortable hair transplant process. If you, as a diabetic, are looking for a clinic you can trust at all services, from consultation to aftercare, you can us.